CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A search


In the time we spend in this world. We meet different types of people. Some who think they are different. Some who are really different. And some who’s just not that different from the rest. In one point in our lives we crave to be normal. Well at least some of us. But then they are the people who strive to set them apart from the rest. Perhaps some would say not in a good way. It was a few years back I met this individual. He dared to be different. He craved to be one in a million. Shall we rewind on to the future ? It was some days back i was reunited with that person. And I must say I was in a state of shock. He had changed so much. That little whimpy kid who always saw the brighter side of life in dark dark times. The one who had hope when no one had faith. Lets just say he had taken a very sharp left turn. The way he looked at the world. The glare in his eyes. His aura was simply frightening. The once hopeful boy had nothing but hate and despair in his eyes. His impression of the world was that is a "battlefield". An ever lasting war where their can be no winner. Only prisoners. Nevertheless he vaguely told me his side of the story. I must say, some things he said did make sense and were valid. Then I thought to myself ? How did this happen to us ? How did it find us ? This cruelty. This hatred. Did it sneak into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it ? How did we loose our way ? The way we send our young kids to school is the same as sending our young men to war, hoping for their safe return. As he left to where ever he was going, he turned around and looked at me. And he said to me, " Nothing is certain in life. Other than death nothing is certain in lives. But for me there is one thing that is certain. In life, there are moments that take us to another place. Moments that are heaven on earth." He put a little smirk on his face, turned around and started walking. So i said to myself. "There is still hope for those who dare to be different."

1 comments:

dragonfly said...

very very true.. ppl change with what they have to face in life..